2001 Trooper burns oil

Try using 15W40 oil (that's what Isuzu dealer recommends I use)

Reply to
Allnews

I wondered the same thing, and finally realized that my catalytic converters are plugged. I'm pretty sure that all that oil has caked up the matrix and I need to do something drastic. I'm going to do a couple of things and I'll report back on what the results were. r/ Steve

Reply to
GreenGas

The service manager at my dealer recommended Shell Rotella T 15W40 which is a diesel oil, but it is ideal for gasoline engines as well.

My '97 Trooper S has 115K and goes through a quart of oil at every other gas stop. That might be why the EGR valve gets caked with carbon. ;^(

-=G

Reply to
Grumbler

For the 6 cyl gasoline engine?

~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson
2 quarts is very excessive oil consumption for 2001

if its consuming this much oil now it will just get wors down the road if you leave it alone.

i would have it looked at by a reputable shop

before it becomes a problem come emission testing time

-- johnin

View this thread:

Send from

johnin

My 2001 takes a qt every 500 miles or so.

Not worth the cost for mine.

What's that? :-) ~GJ~

Reply to
Gemini Jackson