2001 Trooper burns oil

Page 2 of 2
Try using 15W40 oil (that's what Isuzu dealer recommends I use)

The service manager at my dealer recommended Shell Rotella T 15W40 which is a diesel oil, but it is ideal for gasoline engines as well.
My '97 Trooper S has 115K and goes through a quart of oil at every other gas stop. That might be why the EGR valve gets caked with carbon. ;^(
-=G

For the 6 cyl gasoline engine?

~GJ~

I wondered the same thing, and finally realized that my catalytic converters are plugged. I'm pretty sure that all that oil has caked up the matrix and I need to do something drastic. I'm going to do a couple of things and I'll report back on what the results were. r/ Steve
2 quarts is very excessive oil consumption for 2001
if its consuming this much oil now it will just get wors down the road if you leave it alone.
i would have it looked at by a reputable shop
before it becomes a problem come emission testing time
-- johnin
View this thread: http://www.carstalk.net/viewtopic-356950.htm
Send from http://www.carstalk.ne
On Sun, 28 May 2006 22:03:23 +0200, johnin

My 2001 takes a qt every 500 miles or so.

Not worth the cost for mine.

What's that? :-) ~GJ~