96 Rodeo 3.2

Quick question about the oil dipstick on this thing. I've seen a lot of dipsticks in my life, but not like the one in this vehicle. It looks as if it's twisted into a spiral, sort of like somebody thought that they had to unscrew it to get it out, and finally gave up. Is this normal? Or did somebody REALLY screw it up?

Thanks, Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Laughlin

Allnews

Thanks, appreciate it!

Reply to
Bruce Laughlin

Hi Bruce, I have a 96 Trooper with the same 3.2eng. My dip stick spirals the same as yours. It doesen't present a problem once one get's accustomed to the twist when pulled. so much for dipstick engineers. LOL!

Good luck, Ern :)

Reply to
spencer4132

Thanks for the confirmation :-) I figure that maybe because of twists in the dipstick tube, they figured a spiral dipstick would be easier to insert? Pretty strange!

Reply to
Bruce Laughlin