`96 Cherokee -- what's this thing?

Bought a `96 Cherokee last friday, pretty happy with it so far (ti doesn't even have the standard 4.0 oil leak) . But I'm wondering what this is: Screwed to the headliner between the front visors is a 3" x 7" gray plastic piece with a 1" diameter black plastic dome hanging down from the middle. It doesn't light up, it doesn't turn, it doesn't do anything that I can see. Whatizzit? Could it be part of a now-defunct alarm system (siren and LED are in place, but I've no way to arm or disarm the thing)?

And: This Cherokee came in the Sport trim package, I'l like to have the lensed overhead map lights like in my `89 Cherokee Pioneer. Can I just pull a map light fixture in the local bone yard and plunk it in?

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

It's a hidden camera - it beams secret videos to Hollywood. Don't pick your nose in your new Jeep ;)

John Davies TLCA 14732

'96 Lexus LX450 '00 Audi A4 1.8T quattro Spokane WA USA

Reply to
John Davies