98 Isuzu Rodeo timing belt

Has any one replaced a timing belt on a 98 Isuzu Rodeo? It is a V6 4WD with all the bells and whistles and I need to replace the timing belt and it looks pretty straigt forward but I know how it goes. I get 1
hour into the job and realize I forgot to pick up some small little o-ring and then the job turns into an all day affair. I have also just found out that there could be either a belt or a chain. Anyone know for sure?
Thanks
I suggest you get some kind of service manual. I bought a Haynes at Kragen that covers the Rodeo/Amigo and Honda Passport that cost about $20. It was well worth the price. It doesn't say what engines are in what vehicles, but... The 3.1L V6 has a timing chain and the 3.2L V6 has as belt. Neither seems difficult to change, but the information in the manual to ensure you get proper valve timing and adjustment of the tensioner is crucial.

I did the timing belt on my 98 3.2L LS about a year ago.
It wasnt a real big deal.
Only tough part was taking the harmonic balancer pully lose. Had to set a breaker bar and socket on the bolt against the frame and turn the engine over to do it. Popped right lose. Obviously, make sure plugs are already removed to make sure it doesnt actually start.
I would recommend you get one of the specialized manuals on timing belts to help you get the cam timing back in correctly. I was able to borrow one and it helped a bunch. The Haynes book I have wasnt particularly helpful with this.
I dont remember needing an o-ring for anything though
"gravitysuks" wrote