1996 XJ drivers Door Lock Cylinder

Hi,

On Friday evening the drivers door lock cylinder fell down into the door, or was punched into the door. Not sure which. Anyway I took the door panel off and found the lock cylinder and the screw that holds it in the well of the door. Today I was able to put the lock cylinder back into the hole with the screw, but I am not able to hook the linkage back up top the back of the lock cylinder. It seems there should be a plastic clip there that holds the linkage to the rear of the lock cylinder mechanism. When you turn the key you are able to close the sunroof and other things when the linkage is attached. Two different Jag dealers today said there is no plastic clip that holds the piece of linkage to the rear of the door lock cylinder. That does not explain the pieces of white broken plastic that were also in the door well.

Does anyone have knowledge of this or has the CD parts manual and can email me a few pictures of this assembly to see what I need to do?

Thanks very much.

Reply to
David Rhodes

Two different Jag dealers today said there is no plastic clip that

86&cookieIDG1DTFBJ1FG1DWINS&clientid=motorcars

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Oh and raise hell with the parts department boss...or even higher.

Reply to
Blake Dodson