98 Mondeo - drivers door lock

Hi, hopefully someone can help: the lock on the driver's door no longer responds to the remote key - the only way to lock or unlock the door is by putting the key in.

The central locking seems to be fine - when attempting to use the remote to lock, the others lock, but then unlock because, I assume, the driver lock isn't operating. They all lock if I use the key in the door. If I try to unlock using the remote, all but the drivers door unlock.

Also, if I try and lock by putting the key in the passenger side, all but the drivers door respond, and again the unlock again.

I'm guessing maybe the lock motor is faulty - does this sound likely, or has anyone experienced something else? All comments suggestions welcome. Thanks

Gordon Welsh

Hiya,

check the micro switch on the drivers door lock, it's probably stuck/failed in the open position. It's either got water in it or fallen off

pottsy

update: stripped the door in accordance with hayne's BOL, and the lock looked nothing like the pics. thought about trying to get it apart, thought some more and decided to douse it with spray lubricant instead. put it back together and no change....

...but when I went to it this morning, and tried for the sheer hell of the hope of it all, it worked! dunno what was wrong or if the lube or the wrastling loostened something, but it's working for now and that's the main thing...thanks again.

Gordon Welsh