Anyone Try The Snowsport Plow?

Curious about the Snowsport plow. I live near Louisville, KY and we just got pounded with snow. Happens at least once a year or so. Anybody ever tried this plow? Any advice on plows? I have a 97 TJ automatic 6 cylinder with a 4 inch lift running 33x12.5's. Thanks in advance!

Brian Tanksley

Reply to
Briantanksley

If you'd take my advice, don't put "any" blade on a short wheelbase vehicle that has been raised and has 12.5 tires. You just won't like it. First, the weight of the blade, approx 600-700 lbs depending, will make the truck handle squirrelly and the shorter the wheel base the worse it is. Add in the

4 in lift and it makes is all the worse. The 12.5 tires aren't the best either. Tall and skinny works best on a plow truck. If you want this just to do your own drive, buy a really good thrower. It would be alot less than the cost of a blade anyway.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

The plow I was looking at weighs less than 200 lbs. Check it out at

. Looks prettycool. It may not even work with a lifted vehicle. Let me know what youthink and thanks for the advice. Brian Tanksley

Reply to
Briantanksley

Ah, those things. You realize that you have to get out and raise and lower them by hand. There is no angle to either side. You can't backdrag snow away from a door, you can only push straight ahead. While it may be better that shoveling, it's not much.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Several people I know use a Meyers Poly plow on their jeeps.

HarryS

Brian:

For the once in a while snow that you get in Kentucky, I would suggest a snowblower. For less than 1/2 the price of that plow, you could get a really nice snowblower.

Tom

Reply to
mabar