Anyone try the new Kumho KR21 tire?

Hi,

Need a decent tire without spending too much (don't we all).

Something brough my attention to Kumho so I did a lot of searching on them. Hard to find an objective opinion. People either love 'em or hate 'em, there doesn't seem to be any middle ground.

Anyway, I think I'm going to give them a try. I have it narrowed down to 3 types, all 215/60/16.

  1. KR21 (these are the new ones - came out recently). I got a price on them of .95 mounted, balanced etc. each plus tax.

  1. Solus KH16

  2. HP4 716

If you're familiar with any or all of these tires please let me know what you think of them.

Man, I hate buying tires. The international confusion by handed out manufacturers and sellers drives me nuts (or maybe I'm just easily confused).

We're in Florida, never see snow but we do drive in fairly HEAVY rain pretty frequently where we are.

Thanks,

Sammy

Reply to
sammy

I bought 4 AS 795's last October, I have been pleased with them so far. They are very stable in rain and quiet.

PoD

Reply to
Paul of Dayton

The KR21 from Kumho got a lot of good reviews on tirerack.com, nothing incredible for traction, its average, but everybody was impressed with how quiet they are and the long claimed tread life, which is basically what I want in the family car.

BTW the reason you see the love/hate on Kumho is that they make both kind of tires, crappy and great, and sometimes only a letter difference in the model.

Reply to
Danglerb