Isuzu diesel conversion

I may well be getting my hands on an old (2a or 3 its a bit mysterious) station wagon for spares. It has a non turbo isuzu diesel conversion which I am not interested in. Any ideas on what the engine and adapter plate etc. is worth? It is running.

--
Mark Roberts

Hello.

I assume that you are in Australia?? don't think that conversion has been done anywhere else. in terms of value, as always, only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. probably not all that much demand for it, but i suspect the supply is equally small. probably best thing would be listing on Ebay. i would be very interested in it myself. Whereabouts are you (assuming you are in fact in Aus).

Sam.

Samuel wrote:

If in fact it is the Australian produced Isuzu engined S3, it will be a Stage 1 with a 4BD1 engine and a purpose made bell housing to match the engine. But the email address is a UK one... JD

Tis true, but i have seen and heard of a couple (very few, i think i saw one on ebay a couple of months back) of proper series 3's converted to the isuzu motor. was possible that this was one of those. but if he is in the UK, must have been a private import or converted over there.

Sam

UK actually :)

--
Mark Roberts

If, in fact, it was an Isuzu 4BD1 conversion, it would be worth a couple of thousand dollars in Australia.

Ron

p38arover wrote:

Interestingly I was at a clearing sale yesterday and a bloke there, spotting my Isuzu engined 110, picked my brains about the Stage 1 with Isuzu engine - he has the opportunity to get one (table top ute), said to have a genuine 50,000km for $1500.

Note: The 4BD1 engine was not a conversion, but was a factory option on Stage 1 Series 3s and 110s assembled in Australia from about 1980 to 1989, and was the only engine offered on 4x4 110s except the V8 until the Defender. 6x6 110s were fitted with the turbocharged version the 4BD1T, and I am not sure the V8 was even offered on them - I've never seen one. JD

OK how silly do I feel. Finally got hold of the thing; not Isuzu at all. It is a Daihatsu 2.5 non turbo diesel conversion with adapter plate. I do apologise but the question remains; whats it worth? And does anyone want it?

--
Mark Roberts