Isuzu diesel conversion

Threaded View

I may well be getting my hands on an old (2a or 3 its a bit mysterious)
station wagon for spares. It has a non turbo isuzu diesel conversion
which I am not interested in. Any ideas on what the engine and adapter
plate etc. is worth? It is running.
--
Mark Roberts

Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

Hello.

I assume that you are in Australia?? don't think that conversion has been
done anywhere else. in terms of value, as always, only worth what someone is
willing to pay for it. probably not all that much demand for it, but i
suspect the supply is equally small. probably best thing would be listing on
Ebay. i would be very interested in it myself. Whereabouts are you (assuming
you are in fact in Aus).

Sam.

Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

If in fact it is the Australian produced Isuzu engined S3, it will be a
Stage 1 with a 4BD1 engine and a purpose made bell housing to match the
engine. But the email address is a UK one...
JD

Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

Tis true, but i have seen and heard of a couple (very few, i think i saw one
on ebay a couple of months back) of proper series 3's converted to the isuzu
motor. was possible that this was one of those. but if he is in the UK, must
have been a private import or converted over there.

Sam

Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

UK actually :)

--
Mark Roberts

Re: Isuzu diesel conversion
If, in fact, it was an Isuzu 4BD1 conversion, it would be worth a couple of
thousand dollars in Australia.

Ron

Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

Interestingly I was at a clearing sale yesterday and a bloke there, spotting
my Isuzu engined 110, picked my brains about the Stage 1 with Isuzu engine
- he has the opportunity to get one (table top ute), said to have a genuine
50,000km for $1500.

Note: The 4BD1 engine was not a conversion, but was a factory option on
Stage 1 Series 3s and 110s assembled in Australia from about 1980 to 1989,
and was the only engine offered on 4x4 110s except the V8 until the
Defender. 6x6 110s were fitted with the turbocharged version the 4BD1T, and
I am not sure the V8 was even offered on them - I've never seen one.
JD

Re: Isuzu diesel conversion

OK how silly do I feel.
Finally got hold of the thing; not Isuzu at all. It is a Daihatsu 2.5
non turbo diesel conversion with adapter plate.
I do apologise but the question remains; whats it worth?
And does anyone want it?

--
Mark Roberts

Site Timeline