1983 sec 380 Starting Problems

I own a 1983 sec 380. It starts fine with the first start of the day. After that, it could take 4 or five time before it starts. The car runs fine and very smooth most of the time. Sometimes upon the car
idles very rough until you start to move. Itís fine on the highway. It also has a slight humming in the transmission from 1st, second and sometimes third gears, but not all the time. Iíve had the fuel filter replaced, the distributor and rotary replaced. Iíve used B12 to no avail. Iíve been told that I need to replace the transmission for $1600 and repair or replace the intake manifold for $800.00. The car runs very smooth on the highway and most of the time in the city. Any ideas on what the problem could be? Iíve recently been told to check the check valve. PLEASE HELP!!!!
THANKS!!!
BJCOOKIE
‚úĖ
Already replied your email.