1987 260E (187K miles) smog problem

HI all,Car had new distributor cap,rotor,ignition cable,plug and cyclinder head rebuilt with new vavle seals My last test result as follow @15 mph 1490 rpm HC(ppm) MAX-110 MEAS--311 )
CO (%) MAX-0.71 MEAS--4.80 ) Gross Poll NO (ppm)MAX-772 MEAS--350 ) uter @25 mph 1448 rpm HC (ppm)MAX- 85 MEAS--318 ) CO (%) MAX- 0.59 MEAS--4.60 )Gross poll NO(ppm) MAX-711 MEAS--318 ) uter thanks in advance joey
Looks like your O2 sensor is dead. Is it original?
mph 1448 rpm HC (ppm)MAX- 85 MEAS--318 )

Hi Karl,my o2 sensor changed the last time my smog failed.The last time I passed my smog marginally.Car is consuming 1 quart /700 miles.Thanks for your input

Then you probably have high hydrocarbon emissions due to excessive crankcase blowby. As a temporary measure just to get the car to pass, you can try unplugging/unscrewing the PCV valve and let it suck in fresh air while the car is being tested. This will prevent oil fumes from going into your air intake (and hence, out the exhaust). This trick once worked on an old beater of mine....
- Logic316
"If it's tourist season, does that mean we can shoot them?"

not likely. oil consumption in this engine is almost always caused by oil passing worn valve seals and guides; blowby is caused by worn rings and cylinders. 1 qt per 700 mi will not register in the hc readings.
HI,thanks 4 all yr inputs.Take note my CO also failed miserably.I hope to get some clue ,as what can probably be the caused of my problem.Thanks 4 any help
joey
: