500 SEL

Does anybody know whether the front and rear screens are bonded or held in by rubbers on 1984 500 SEL Thanks in advance

By screens I guess you mean windsheilds? If so, they're bonded...and they break when you pull them out (not all the time, but 50% of the time). Richard

Thanks for the rapid reply. By the way we invented the language and we call them screens. Only kidding. Thanks again.
Oh, you guys and your crazy bonnets, boots, lorries, lifts...one of the kids at my college is a brit, I don't understand him half the time, especially when he says an insult.
Hehehe... I am constantly amazed by Brit's slangs...I am thinking of adopting some of the way they are speaking...
you would think with all the rain you get that you would have more than screens !
the case, minus a few cans!
In fact, the full word is "windscreen".
In the UK it is (or was) possible to buy an English-American English dictionary... In truth it is not very thick and more of a case of a bit of fun. So next time somone offers to knock you up in the morning don't be very worried or excited (depending on who is doing the knocking) or think that laying the table is painful...
You should know that the function of the English language is to separate out the foreigners...incl Americans... :-))
DAS
"pool man" < snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3116.bay.webtv.net...
Whoa! There actually is a book on English-American English? Reminds me of "Married with Children" on Fox... when they are visiting UK and Kelly was using English-English dictionary.
Of course. I just gave you two examples that might need interpretation, plus the lorries, saloons etc already mentioned by marlinspike. The motoring world is a rich source of difference. How about sunroof (what the heck is a moonroof?), gearbox, wing (fender), bumper...?...
Because this NG is dominated by North Americans some of us use NA terminology at times to reduce confusion, plus constant exposure makes one forget sometimes which is which, some of which has crept into daily use, such as truck instead of lorry. (But not for SUVs.)
Long live Bill Gates English, eh?
But, like I implied, the English - American English booklet was more of a tongue-in-cheek exercise.
Well, given the distance separating the UK from North America and the different political and social environments it's a (very pleasant) 'surprise' that the languages spoken there are so remarkably similar. As you will expect, Aussies and South Africans have their own subset and India is another ball game (to use a popular Americanism - at least I think it an Americanism).
Another little example:-
- cellphone (USA) - mobile phone (UK etc) - handphone (Singapore and other 'Chinese' areas)
And, my favourite:
- Handy (Germany) (I kid you not. Also, most Germans don't know that this word is not used in this sense in the English-speaking world.)
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Mmsce.20997$ snipped-for-privacy@fe10.lga...
Thankfully we have BBC TV so that we can learn proper British Slang.
I am waiting for the opportunity to say ( rhymes with ludy ell ).
.