500 SEL engine, what does it weigh?

Cos I'm thinking of putting it in my Capri.
Weights, dimensions etc would be handy.
Oh, has anyone used a manual gearbox with one? If so, how?

--
Pete M

Ford Capri !!!

200kg - It's a direct fit!
In

200Kg? That it? That's excellent news that is..
now where do I get the gearbox from?
--
Pete M

Ford Capri !!!

Sorry, man - just a joke but I am not certain that you took it that way. What you are planning on doing will be extremely complicated and expensive if your Capri is similar to that sold in the U.S. Even if you can get everything to fit and work, consider the effect of all that extra weight up front, the need to cool the huge engine adequately, etc. God bless if you can make it work, though!
In

The V8 in the SEL is all alloy innit? can't be that bleedin' heavy. Besides, Ford in all their glory used to put a *very* heavy all iron V6 in 'em, so I might as well put the Merc motor in. Nobody seems to want the 500, it's cheap enough, so I'm going to attack it with the old gas torch soon.
--
Pete M

Ford Capri !!!