Here's what I'm thinking

I have a nice 93 5.0 with 30K on the clock. It's mint in all ways, bone stock, red and a 5-spd.

I've seen lots of pretty decent 5.0s out there with 60K+ going for anywhere between $7 and 9K US. I'm thinking if this is the case, I can quite easily get $12K for mine? (I'm sure I can.)

What do you guys think if I dumped mine for $12K and bought one of these higher mileage 5.0s for say, $8K. That is $4K to work with to upgrade the car (parts only): blower and suspension primarily (A-trim, subs, K-member, strut tower brace, etc., gears, probably tires).

I love my 5.0 and low mileage ones are hard to find, but if I could get another one in good shape, wouldn't this be a good idea?

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks.

Brad

Reply to
Brad

Blower and suspension parts will run your more than $4000. Me, I would go turbo...but that is for another thread.

Seriously, I would keep what you have and invest the money in the blower for it. You know what you have and you could very easily buying someone else's problems. When you start putting serious money into a car, wouldn't you rather start by knowing the cars history?

Don Manning

Reply to
2.3Sleeper