Engine cut out C220CDI

Hi All,
I have a C220CDI (1999) with 121000 on the clock.
I have noticed recently that in the mornings (when cold) on first start up when I select reverse and the reves die down (cars at idle) the car
cuts out. Once I re-start there is no problem and I can go on about things as usual.
Im planning to replace the glow plugs soon (car starts perfectly but glow plug light stays on for about a minute after starting) and was wondering if it could be tied into that.
Thanks and thanks for the replies to my last posting about the glow plug problem.
Paul
The glow plugs are fine if the motor starts quickly and with no misfiring.
What controls the motor's idle speed? (C220cdi isn't sold in the US so I don't know it.)

Glow plugs in a CDI?
cp
The glow plug light stays on after starting for about a minute and I have been told that by replacing the glow plugs which are definately in there (CDI - Commonrail Diesel Injection - I think) It will sort that out.
This problem of cutting out has only developed over the last couple of weeks and I thought It may be tied into the glow plugs in some way.
Im not sure what cotrols the idle speed in the CDI. The car starts and idles ok, its only when I select a gear that she dies off. Once restarted everything is fine though.
Paul

Hmmmm I didn't know there were glow plugs in a CDI =)
cp

Make sure you have a clean air filter...
Marty

Good luck getting the glow plugs out....
(they're famed for seizing)