Experiences with Oil & Lube Express Shops?

I understand that these are independently owned, but since I no longer wish to bring my MB (2000 ML320) into the dealer for an oil change, any recommendations? Anything specific (other than synthetic oil) I should ask
for in the way of specific types of filters or servicing checks?
TIA, DanlK, FYI Services Collectibles www.FYIS.org
You can bring your own filter... buy them online and bring them in to your local lube shop. As for FSS indicator, your owner's manual tells you how to reset them.

Be careful who you go to:
http://www.urlbee.com/?8390
That is a damning indictment. Any idea when the item was broadcast?
DAS
"Truckdude" < snipped-for-privacy@cox.net> wrote in message

April 2006
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/scams/jiffylube.asp
Don't do it. You are much better off going to a good independent MB mechanic that actually knows how to change the oil filter on your Mercedes. I tried the Jiffy Lube route once and after they finally located the filter (with my assistance) they nearly snapped it off trying to open it up (note that these canisters are not the typically screw-on models found on many US and Japanese cars). I had them stop what they were doing and took it to my usual mechanic. And in terms of finding a good independent, if the car is out of warranty then you'll want to build a relationship with a mechanic that you can trust.
Josh