Help, location of O2 sensor 300E

I have just become very aware that this is a critical component to periodically replace (after failing HC high rpm emission). Seems fairly straight forward to do if I could only see where on the exhaust it is
screwed in. I would have thought before the catalytic converter, but I can't see anything between the catalytic converter (I assume is the cylindrical 'bottle' just after engine manifold) and the manifold. Any suggestion much appreciated
thanks, guenter
The sensor is on the exhaust pipe, roughly where the passenger's knees would be when sitting. You should be able to see the cable coming from the sensor head on the exhaust pipe running towards the center tunnel.