PO133 Code - Which O2 Sensor?

I've had a sporadic SES light, Autozone read it as a PO133 code which relates to the O2 sensor, my question is, they have two O2 sensors listed, one pre-cat converter and one post. Any thought as to which O2 sensor this code relates to? The car is running fine and has passed smog recently (thankfully the SES light stayed off through the test...) but I'm thinking I should take care of it eventually.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

P0133 is sensor 1, the pre-catalyst sensor.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Hey Jeff,

According to Haynes book, P0133 code is "Upstream heated O2 sensor circuit high voltage (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

Best I could find. Good luck. marx404

Reply to
marx404

Thanks to all that responded. A follow-up question, anyone know the real difference the $22.99 Borg Warner I got at Kragen and the ones that cost 3-4 times as much? I had to cut the old wire and re-use the wiring harness, but I figured at this cost even if it doesn't last quite as long I could replace this three times for the price of one of the others? In any case, it's done the trick and no more SES light.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Probbably the box it came in. IIRC, almost all O2 sensors are Bosch or NTK (???)

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski