Mercedes W221 on Testdrive....

Hello Merc-Fans,
even when its only in german Language, i think youll take a closer Look on the upcoming new Mercedes S-Class only covered with some Tape:
Here is the Link:
http://www.hadel.net/autos/html/d_pkw_mercedes_s-klasse_erlkon1.html
Best Regards from Germany
Jens

Is it just me, or does the rear end appear to have been "Bangle-ized" like the tres ugly new 7 and 5 series BMW's? Trunk rises like a hump out of the fenders. Not terribly attractive IMHO.
DS
Yup! looks pretty sucky. All the new MBs look like cheap imitations of the great Jap karz. I wonder what the german words mean -can anybody translate? Still looks quite small. Did they make it larger inside so your shoulder does not rub against the side of the kar? And did they make the seat longer again like the old ones used to be? Hope it is not just another miniS strap-on roller skate.
mcbrue hopefully under the bridge in the trailer down by the river
On 20 Nov 2004 04:02:02 GMT, MCBRUE wrote:

Morning McBrue :)
Roughly: PICTURE 1 In the autumn 2004 the new Mercedes s-class (model W221) came into foil camouflage on the roads. Approximately in order the globe were the vehicles in this Look to be found.
PICTURE 2 The long hood offers again enough space for the high performance V12-Aggregate of the Topversionen
PICTURE 3 The headlights look like they could be a similar format to the new CLS
PICTURE 4 The form hides again very well the dimensions of the new luxury ship from the house Mercedes. The rear lights failed quite largely and kaschieren thereby also from the rear the enormous format of the new s-class.
PICTURE 5 The tail reminds in the first moment nearly of a mixture from Maybach and the filter he row of BMW with the put on trunk lid. Above the number plate a broad chrome border (see arrow) runs, which I have "in-painted" in the left picture. One may forgive me the missing graphic fine cross section, but I think for the elucidation of the future organization hand it; -) At the test vehicle this was still finely saeuberlich covered with black Tape.
Rough translation via: http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr
HTH Mike
--
W126 300SE