motorflirt

I had a problem finding parts for my mercedes 450slc and someone told me about motorflirt.com, i posted a few messages to other members of the site and managed to locate loads of parts. I was well impressed.

According to Frank Barrett's _Illustrated Mercedes-Benz Buyer's Guide_, parts for any postwar model can be obtained from DBAG. And the SLC isn't even that old a model, in the greater scheme of things. Have you tried ordering parts through your local Mercedes dealership?
Geoff
--
"An American without a sweatshirt is like a feminist
without body odor." -- Steve Bougerolle

The dealer doesn't use vaseline though, Geoff....

Frank is a well known idiot and dead wrong. While most parts for any postwar car are available enough are not that it's a problem sometimes.
But, there aren't too many 107 parts that are NLA. What exactly are you having trouble finding?
writes:

I'd say that the original post was spam promoting this motorflirt website.
Jason

Those thast can, do, those that can't, write. Look at google to get a good idea of what fFfrank is all about.

Maybe. MB doesn't keep all parts for all cars, they'll just make you one if you need one. Go ask for a price on a 57 ponton cab fender. Yes those really are zeros.
But, they really aren't the only guys in the world that can make a fender. Now, a gullwing head ($25K) is different they probably are the only ones in the world that can make them.
So, parts fall into three categories: 1) stock stuff. You need a 123 rad? No problem. Cheap. 2) esoteric stuff. Need a 6.3 injector? No problem there's 18 left in worldwide inventory and for only $1500 EACH you can buy one. 3) NLA - no longer available. There aren't any. The part is not available. MB, and a whole bunch of other people can make you a part.

There's one of those 6.3s at this shop where I used to work right now... Tried to take a picture, but the camera bailed out on me.. There might be 10 injectors left worldwide if the car doesn't end up getting junked once it's all over! However, judging from the cancer on the car, I don't think the owner has the money for 8 injectors x $1500... especially with a markup from Phillips Mercedes here in Virginia Beach and the markup that the shop-owner will tack on... sheesh... try $2200 x 8....
An old co-worker once joked "The 280SE 6.3 is the *only* car in the world where you can take *any* tool and throw it *anywhere* in the engine compartment and it WILL NOT fall to the ground." After looking inside the engine compartment, I see why he said that..
I think you've missed the finer point of Frank Barretts misdeeds, keep on googling.
As for NLA parts I posted two easy ones today without even trying. If you try there's lots.