New C-class

Just in the news today:

Set to arrive in U.S. Mercedes-Benz dealerships on August 7, the next- generation 2008 C-Class sedan is larger than its highly successful predecessor, with a greater emphasis on driving dynamics, comfort and safety. The C300 Sport and Luxury models will be available with an all new 4MATIC all- wheel-drive system mated to a seven-speed automatic transmission starting in September.

Reply to
Lloyd

But no wagons, dammit!

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

Yet........

Reply to
Dutch-Diver

In general, mebbe. But MBUSA has no intention of importing them when they have them in Europe.

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

And I can't understand why. BMW, Audi, Saab, Volvo all sell similar- size wagons here. Why did MB drop the C-class wagon a few years ago? I actually thought it looked better than the sedan!

Perhaps they see it as a market the new GLK-class will cover.

Reply to
Lloyd

Agreed. I have a 2002 C320 wagon that has been trouble-free but we would like AWD (not available in 2002) and new. May keep it but would like an option.

Eh. If I wanted an SUV, I'd have many options. SUVs do not offer, in a reasonable package, the physical configuration that I need .

Kal

Reply to
Kalman Rubinson

I bet it's now the same size as the W123...

Funny how the ads shown in GB feature the version without the upright star.

DAS Member, SPUR (Society for the Preservation of the Upright Star)

Dori A Schmetterling