Paint colour for 1984 126 bumper

Hi folks,

Anyone know the paint code (or any other particulars) for the colour used on the plastic bumper skins on the mid-eighties 126 series?

The previous owner had a few minor bumps and I'd like to repaint it so it looks original (or as close as I can get).

Thanks in advance,

Tim Delaney

1984 300SD 218,000 km
Reply to
tsdelaney

hello,

i'm the owner of a w126 560sec of 1987. the body paint code is 147 "artikweiss" or "arcticwhite" and the bumper paint code is 7177 "stratosgrau" which is a metalic grey.

i've seen 2 days ago, in a car paint dealer, that there's 2 other codes for theses car bumpers : a lighter metalic grey and a beige.

if you want theses 2 codes too, i'll call the dealer for you.

regards,

snipped-for-privacy@wanadoo.fr

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
luc nguyen

Merci Luc! It's probably 7177 - the same grey as you see on many of the

126's.

=E0 la prochaine,

Tim

Reply to
tsdelaney

Ironically NAPA sells a grey bumper paint that's the right color. Or is if you paint all the plastic.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

Hmmm. I was hoping to just paint the bumpers, but thanks for the info. I'll have to think about that.

Tim

Richard Sext> > >Hi folks,

Reply to
tsdelaney

My SD is Anthracite in colour. I'd be more tempted to paint the bumpers and plastic mouldings the body colour....

Thanks for getting me thinking :-)

Tim

Reply to
tsdelaney