Paint Code?

Does anyone know where to find the paint code for a 2005 Vue? It is silver nickle but I cannot find the code number anywhere.

Thanks,

Reply to
Homer

door,pillar,glove box?.

Reply to
teem

teem wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Vue? It is

Nope and Nope. Not under the hood either. Weird.

JohnS

Reply to
Homer Hawgsnott

Saturn uses the VIN # to decode the paint color. Any GM parts shop should be able to decipher the numbers.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Actually no. The "Service Parts ID Label" along with the RPO codes should be located on the "left hand rear door" on the Vue.

Reply to
BläBlä

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Bl=E4Bl=E4?= wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news-server.woh.rr.com:

You the Man! Found it on the left hand rear door.

JohnS

Reply to
Homer

Not really.

Doug Miller

Figures,Saturn playing mind games-doin'it their way.

Reply to
teem

you are correct, Blah Blah, forgot about that one, but my old parts guy would cross-reference the VIN #'s also to get the paint code. Dont know why, guess he was old-school.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Never mind *why* -- I'm wondering *how* he could get the paint code from the VIN, since it isn't there.

Reply to
Doug Miller

He might have cross referenced a factory build DB that might have contained the paint color code?

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Maybe... but why bother? The paint code is on a separate badge on the car. It's not necessary to look up the VIN in some database to find it.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Maybe the car wasn't readily available to her or him....

Reply to
Steve

You're reaching pretty far...

The car had to be readily available to *somebody* for him to get the VIN. That somebody could have just as easily retrieved the paint code directly.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Why do you say that (The car had to be readily available to *somebody* for him to get the VIN)? As long as I have my auto registration or proof of insurance certificate with me (I keep it in my wallet), I can tell you my VIN no matter where my car is.

Reply to
Steve