Removing Pulley 240D

The pulley grooves have been bent so I would like to replace it. I have removed the belts and am looking for suggestions to keep the engine from turning while removing the nut / bolt that hold the pulley to the
crankshaft.
Chris
Chris,
I had that problem once and couldn't figure it out. Called a shop that normally did the work and the mechanic said to do the following. Just put the belt on the pulley, get it as tight as possible around the "Bad" pulley. Then clamp the middle of the belt with a pair of vise grips. This gives you something to wedge into. Try to find a solid place to wedge the wise grip into. Might have to use a bar. The belt provides friction and the vice grip an anchor point.Then put the socket or the wrench on the nut. Should come right off. Might I suggest that you give it a health shot of some type of penetrating fluid.
Good Luck...
Bill

You can geat a visegrip type chain wrench tool very cheaply. The chain wraps around the pulley , hooks into the pin jaws of the visegrip type pliers, I found this tool to be indispensable for a lot of other projects. Pete