Reset Service Interval Light on 1998 C230

Haven't had the time to try resetting the CE light yet, but I also would appreciate it if someone could help reset the #$@% Service Interval light. I tried the method shown here for a C190 but that doesn't work. Arrrrgh!
Thanks!!!!! Dave
-- Veritas vos Liberabit
Do this with the driver's door completely closed. On some models, it doesn't work if the driver's door isn't shut completely.
Place your thumb over the 0 button (lowest of three buttons on the left edge of the instrument cluster, for dimming instrument panel - (+) (-) (0) - to get ready for the procedure:
1. Thumb off the button, turn key in steering lock to position 2 (all instrument lights on, just before car is started).
2. Within 4 seconds press button 0 twice and release. The present status for days or distance is displayed.
3. Within 10 seconds turn key in steering lock back to Position 0 (normal car off).
4. Press and hold button 0, then turn key in steering lock to position 2 again. Continue to hold button 0. The present status for days or distance is displayed once more. Continue to hold button 0. After approximately 10 seconds a signal sounds, and the display shows 10,000 miles (Canada: 15,000 km).
shown here for a C190 but that doesn't work.&nbsp; Arrrrgh!</DIV> <DIV>Thanks!!!!!</DIV> <DIV>Dave</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV><FONT face=Arial>-- <BR>Veritas vos Liberabit</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE> <P></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
------=
Will this procedure work on a 2001 E Class?
Newsgroup Reader wrote:

I doubt it RJM as it didn't work on my C230... Dave HD
Service Interval light. I tried the method shown > > here for a C190 but that doesn't work. Arrrrgh! > > Thanks!!!!! > > Dave > > > > -- > > Veritas vos Liberabit > > >
The instructions came directly from a C230 owner's manual.
This same procedure has worked on my ML430, CLK430, C230, C43, SLK230.
Consistently. Without a single failure.
Service Interval light. I tried the method

I dunno, I printed it out and tried it 5 times. Each time it only reset the trip odo.
Service Interval light. I tried the method > > shown > > > > here for a C190 but that doesn't work. Arrrrgh! > > > > Thanks!!!!! > > > > Dave > > > > > > > > -- > > > > Veritas vos Liberabit > > > > > > > > > > > > >
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:19:25 -0500, "Dave HD"

Well you aren't doing it properly then, that's how I always reset them.
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk

With multifuntion steering wheel? To reset the service indicator on cars with multifunction wheel put ignition in position 2, scroll through until remaining mileage until service is displayed on the instrument cluster then press and hold the button on left of the instrument cluster for 3 seconds. It will then prompt you to hold the button again for a further 3 seconds to reset the counter.