Service Interval Reset

On my E36, I reset by jumping Pins 7 and 19 (or whatever -- I can look it up), but I haven't got the reset procedure for my daughter's E46.

I'm looking in the manual right now and do not see the reset procedure ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

4 seconds service 1

7 seconds service 2

if I remember correctly - I used the cheapo tool that plugs into the socket.

Reply to
steve-caner

Are you telling me that the Service Interval Reset for my E36 and my daughter's E46 is the same?

I need to know how to reset the E46.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

I figured it out.

Hold the Odometer Reset Button and set the key to ON but not START, then depress the odometer button to reset the counter you are wanting to reset. Pretty easy in the grand scheme of things ...

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"Jeff Strickland" wrote

What year is that E46?

On 2001 MY and up, you can just press a button in the instrument cluster:

If it's older than that, then...

Cheers, Pete

Reply to
Pete

This is the one I needed. The other one is for the E36, or at least a different E46 than mine. BTW, I have a '00 323i, and the reset is the first link you gave me, not the second.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

"Jeff Strickland" wrote

You're not in Europe by any chance, are you?

Pete

Reply to
Pete

The only chance of that would be if they moved San Diego.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

It is just on the outskirts of Huelva in Andalusia, Spain, however they renamed an US naval base after it.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton