W126 shocks

Anyone have opinion on replacement rear shocks for 1991 W126 body. My mechanic has reported inside treadwear on rear tires, possibly due to weak shocks. Vehicle has 232K miles and original shocks now.
Dave
Original shock is possibly tired... I'd definitely would change them to Bilstein Comfort shocks... However, the inside wear thing is not related to the shock... a worn shock would cause cupping on the tires... where every other 2 inches would be higher than in between.
I suspect the inside wear problem is due to worn subframe bushing.