Wheel alignment and wobbly

Page 3 of 4
Can I throw my broken ball joint story in about here? Was stationed in Germany in early '60s. Had shipped a 1958 Dodge with the D500 engine (rather large one at that) upon assignment.
Made a left turn onto the base one morning and just as I did so the right, lower ball joint gave loose and the bottom of the wheel flipped out at about a 45 degree angle. When this happened it snapped the brake line and of course when I hit the brakes nothing happened. I slid to a rather embarrassing stop right in front of the gate guard. He was as surprised as me. Here's the interesting part.....I had well exceeded 100 mph the day before on the autobahn. Talk about luck! One other thing for the initial poster....GET YOUR FRONT END LOOKED AT BEFORE DRIVING FURTHER! Sorry. Didn't mean to shout. Just wanted to save you some embarrassment....or worse.

Did you enjoy the beer and/or wine?
DAS
"Ernie Sparks" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:Oz%7e.4615$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
amd i thought it was winders
the case, minus a few cans!

the
On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:11:57 GMT, "Ernie Sparks"
I paid about $2 there....several

Try Two Buck Chuck at Trader Joe, maybe costs a bit more outside California. Here in LA it's $24 a case, and is as good and maybe even better than many wines which are much more expensive.
Canoli

were
Are we talking the same stuff? I'm talking about 1959 Rhine Valley white wine bottled in 1959. It was called '59er Rhine Wine. Don't think it would even be good now. Too long ago for white wine I believe.
There's excellent wine from California and the Pacific North West these days, but they ain't necessarily cheap.
I can confirm that decent wine in Germany is still cheap, e.g. EUR 5 for a 0.75 l bottle (gone up from 0.7 l in your day...) for something pretty decent bought directly from a vintner.
In real terms wine is probably cheaper than its ever been.
DAS
"Ernie Sparks" < snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:xJi8e.4975$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com...
PS. By the time it gets to Britain it's at least double, if not triple :-(
Part of that is because of tax, but what I can't understand how AU/NZ wine can undercut (in price, not quality) German wine here (UK)
DAS
"Dori A Schmetterling" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
news:42623034$0$289$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com...

Actually the Australian wines are getting quite nice these days. Excellent quality and decent prices too.
I have never been too impressed with german wines personally. Although I do like the ice wine I had in the Mosel valley...
Marty
AU wines have been "quite nice" for years. In fact, I heard the other day they have overtaken French wines as Britons' favourite wine region.
German white wines are good/excellent, red not (despite their best endeavours). Of course there are poor white wines, too. Depends what and where you buy.
DAS
Dori A Schmetterling wrote:

other day

what and

I think in the USA the problem for many potential wine consumers is not the price or the availability of quality wine but the lack of enough wine experience to be able to decide which wine is of decent quality.
.
I am reminded of what I thought was a slightly peculiar experience in the LA area a few years ago. The family was driving around and I wanted to buy a bottle of red wine for dinner that evening (staying with relatives). I stopped at this classy looking wine store and asked for a suggestions for bottle of decent red for maybe USD 15. I was led straight to the Italian section...
When I asked about Californian I was told there was no good 'cheap' Californian wine.
And I thought I was in a (THE) wine growing state of the Union...:-)
If you're wondering, I did buy a Californian wine as I didn't come all this way to drink French or Italian, but it cost me over USD 20...
DAS
"greek_philosophizer" <greek snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
On 18 Apr 2005 06:08:21 -0700, "greek_philosophizer"

Not quite. It doesn't require years of experience to know when a wine pleases and when it does not. The problems arise when an inexpensive bottle of wine is as good or better than the most expensive brands, creating questions as to why the supposedly 'better' brand is so much more than the much cheaper wine, which is more pleasing.
I don't drink much wine anymore but when I do I go to Trader Joe's nearest store and buy a $2.00 bottle of Charles Shaw, familiarly known as Two Buck Chuck. I don't know if it has nose, character, or any of the other descriptive terms used by connoisseurs, but I enjoy it as much or more than all other wines, with the sole exception of Opus One.
Canoli

You're not the first to suggest the Two Buck Chuck. Guess I'll have to try that.

That makes sense, since I tend to prefer the reds...
Marty
An interesting development in France is the arrival of Australian, American and other winemasters with experience of New Word techniques...
DAS
All very interesting...
Now I have to go buy some wine to personally verify all this....
.
said:

:-(
Sure, but how often do they "catch" ice wine. And it was $50 a bottle in Germany in the early 60s.

Wow! My host who gave me some to drink didn't mention it was so dear...

triple
Can you possibly introduce me to your host?