2003 manual transmission question

What manual transmission is in a 2003 V6 Mustang? Is reverse synchronized?

Al

Reply to
Big Al

smoke

What has this got to do with my question? I did not say I was having problems and I'm not.

Al

synchronized?

Reply to
Big Al

Reply to
smoke

Speaking of a GT. I have a chance to pick up a 2002 GT, 5 speed, Mach sound, leather and so on. It's been beat a bit, has a Hurst shifter, shift light and someone removed the rear wing. It has 40,000 miles on it. Any idea what it's worth? It has a set of almost new Gaterbacks on it and I found a receipt from the local drag strip in the visor mirror. Wish I could have found a time slip:)

Thanks for the help with the transmission. I was wondering as my 89 5.0 w/ T5 did not have a synchro in reverse. The 2003 feels like it does. Seems strange, my 5 speed Dodge truck, 6 speed Camaro, and fire breathing Contour all have synchros in reverse. Guess if you need to snap reverse at 30 MPH it's handy:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I think I figured it out. It's a T5, no synchro in reverse, but it has a brake to stop the clutch from spinning when going into reverse.

Al

Reply to
Big Al
** I think I figured it out. It's a T5, no synchro in reverse, but it has a ** brake to stop the clutch from spinning when going into reverse. ** ** Al

Passenger car and light truck transmissions do not use a clutch brake; they rely on the transmission fluid itself to slow shaft/gear rotation to a stop.

Warmest regards,

-JD

--------------------------------- JD's Locally-Famous Mustang Page: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------- Please note: I use a 'white list' to screen incoming mail. Unless you are on this list, your reply will never reach me. Are you on my white list? If unsure, use 'important-mail' in the subject line.

Reply to
JD Adams

Well if it's a T5, they call it a brake. On the others they say "synchronized reverse." You decide.

I'm in Tucson and we can use all the warm we can get:) In a week we'll need cool:)

Al

Reply to
Big Al
** Well if it's a T5, they call it a brake. On the others they say ** "synchronized reverse." You decide. ** **
I'll be damned. A reverse gear synchronizer - news to me. Wish the T-45's had that feature; mine's a bear to grab on the first shot.

-JD

-------------------------------- Enlightenment for The Masses: http:/207.13.104.8/users/jdadams--------------------------------

Reply to
JD Adams

I don't like my T45 much either =(

-Mike

Reply to
<memset

Reverse is the least of my worries. This thing clipped 2nd when I bought it at 24k on a quick 1-2 shift.

JS

Reply to
JS