85 Mustang fuse panel location

My brother is asking me where this is over the phone and I don't know off the top of my head? He did find one 15 amp fuse under the hood somewhere. He put in a new battery and none of the accessories or anything will come on. He has cleaned the grounds.

Thanks,

Jason

Reply to
Jason Mc New

Did he turn the key on?

Is the new battery charged?

If it is charged and nothing at all comes on (lights, no start, etc) it's possible a battery cable is bad. Check for voltage at all of the connections on the battery and solenoid.

Thanks,

Jason

Reply to
justa guy

The battery is definitely charged. I bought the car 250 miles from where I live and stored it at my Bros till I go get it in April. I did not get too much time to mess with it, but the battery cables looked find. He cleaned and retightened the grounds. He is still not able to find any other fuses in the car other than one 15 amp fuse under the hood. Surprising since he is a sharp guy. If it matters the car started life as a 4 banger and became a 302 later in life.

Thanks,

Jason

Reply to
Jason Mc New

If he replaced the positive cable at the same time, there is a good chance he may have missed a fusible link connection at the fender mounted solenoid. With the lack of information given, there remains the chance that the battery was shipped dry and never filled at the store. If things worked before we did "something", they should still work after so the best bet is to retrace those things we did to be sure something wasn't missed.

HTH

Jim Warman

I'll ask him about the link. I watched guy at Sears test the battery when I bought it so its not that. The friend that I bought the car from didn't start it for about 2 months so I'm not sure what the deal is with it.

Reply to
Jason Mc New

An '85 should be the same as my '83, and if so, the main fuse panel is under the plastic trim right below the steering column, immediately in front of your knees if you're sitting in the seat. Undo 4 screws and the panel pops off.

Reply to
Garth Almgren

Guess my bro is brain dead then. I put an alarm in a 92 for a friend years ago and thats where it was. He said he looked there. Gonna have to tell him to look harder.

Reply to
Jason Mc New