brake light on 68 mustang

Iam still having problem with brake lights not working. After changing the power booster they stop working. I checked the fuse box and its ok, I got a new stop switch and still nothing. Dont know what to do. What is the next step...

Reply to
rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Unplug the connector at the switch. Put a jumper across the terminals, a paperclip works fine. The lights should come on. If not, you'll have to trace the circuit back until you find the faulty component or wire.

Reply to
.boB

Fuses???? Use a test light.... glass fuses can fool you.

Believe it or not, electrical diagnosis can be easy if we only gain some knowledge and a few inexpensive tools (heavy on the knowledge part). Electricity works on some VERY BASIC principles. I don't understand why these VERY BASIC principles are so hard to grasp.....

If I can learn them........

Reply to
Jim Warman