Die cast Mustang models

A while back someone posted a site that had die cast '05 Mustang models for sale. Anyone know where it is?

Reply to
John H

I usually buy my diecast models from

All their 2005 Fords are Preorder only right now, and none are 1:18 scale.

WraithCobra

Thanks, Mike. I love this one,

but I don't like the color. Do you know if they can be ordered in different colors. Have you ever tried repainting one? I need Screaming Yellow!

Reply to
John H

The manufacturer decides what colors they produce and sell. I've thought about painting my Black '03 Cobra model Silver to match my car. I have taken it apart down to the shell before, but I wouldn't know where to get replacement Cobra stickers for the 1/4's. Someome on SVTPerformance painted one and used the stickers from a plastic model, they were a bit small but it looked ok.

Reply to
WraithCobra

Good point. I wonder if the company would sell them. Hell with it, I'm gonna call 'em.

Well, that place doesn't have them anymore. They can still be ordered at:

This must be the manufacturer in Hong Kong. I'm *not* going to call them!

Reply to
John H

I have a red one like mine that I would like to paint white, for the same reason. Too chicken to try it. On the one I have the cobra emblem is raised, that ought to take a steady hand.

| >> I usually buy my diecast models from

| >> All their 2005 Fords are Preorder only right now, and none are 1:18 | >> scale.
| >

| > Thanks, Mike. I love this one, | >

| > but I don't like the color. Do you know if they can be ordered in | > different colors. Have you ever tried repainting one? I need | > Screaming Yellow! | | The manufacturer decides what colors they produce and sell. | I've thought about painting my Black '03 Cobra model Silver to match my car. | I have taken it apart down to the shell before, but I wouldn't know where to | get replacement Cobra stickers for the 1/4's. Someome on SVTPerformance | painted one and used the stickers from a plastic model, they were a bit | small but it looked ok. | -- | Mike | Silver 10th Anniversary Cobra Coupe | --- | |

Reply to
SVTKate

I guess you could take it to a body shop! :>)

Let us know if you get brave enough to try it.

Reply to
John H

One of these days John, when I get everything all dragged out of this box and that corner I probabaly will. I seem to recall something that I had difficulty figuring out how to disassemble.. the doors maybe?

*shaking her head*

When I get there, I'll holler for help. After I get this 10 acres mowed, the car washed, the truck washed, the laundry done, the floors cleaned, the beds made, bathrooms scrubbed, the garden planted, weeds pulled, the pond de-algae-fied, supper cooked, dishes done - the list goes on and on. You get my drift.

Kate

| wrote: | | >I have a red one like mine that I would like to paint white, for the same | >reason. Too chicken to try it. | >On the one I have the cobra emblem is raised, that ought to take a steady | >hand. | >

| | I guess you could take it to a body shop! :>) | | Let us know if you get brave enough to try it. | -- | John H | | "All decisions are the result of binary thinking."

Reply to
SVTKate

I have a program called Sure Thing Decal Maker Standard which is designed to make decals for models (planes, cars, whatever). The basic program can be dl from the net but is limited to the decals built into it.

However, for about $6.95 you can upgrade to the Standard Ed, which allows you to create your own and they are scaleable.

www.sureth>John H wrote:

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8" w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Reply to
Spike

Yeah, but you got 40 or more hours per week to do this than hubby!

Reply to
John