Small voltage fluctuations

I installed a remanufactured Bosch alternator in my 86 Nissan truck after the voltage regulator died in the original one about 6 months ago. Recently I've noticed that there are small voltage fluctuation in my car. According to the in-dash voltmeter, it looks like the volts are +/- 0.3 or so volts. I can notice the headlights and dome light flickering a little. The average voltage is about right, but the frequency of the fluctuations increase as the RPMs increase.

Is this a problem with my alternator or could it be from a bad/damaged battery?

Thanks,

- Dave

Reply to
Dave

You've just learned that "remanufactured" rotating electrics are garbage. That "Bosch" name on the one you bought doesn't mean a thing -- Bosch licenses the name and logo to low-bid reman factories.

Buy new, buy good used, have original or good used rebuilt by a competent auto electrician.

NEVER buy reman.

DS

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

And by "new" he does not mean "Lifetime warranty" new from Auto Zone. What Lifetime Warranty means is you will spend a lifetime replacing it under warranty.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

The nissan remans seem to be pretty good (and fairly reasonable), the aftermarket ones are all junk.

Reply to
Steve