Marauder Production Ends

Saw a clip in a local paper today that the Mercury Marauder will stop production in June of 2004.

I remmeber a Mercury Executive saying in 2002 before the car came out that the Marauder will be around for many years in limited quantity and won't go by the wayside like the shortlived Impala SS ( 92-96 ). Ha !

I guess many years only to come only means 2 model years in Ford's language.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~278, 900 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

Reply to
Harry Face

Marky

The one I looked at had a dealer installed moonroof and a $37,000 price tag. I can think of quite a few better vehicles to buy for that price!

Reply to
Dennis Smith

Some dude in the Ford NG claims its being dropped because for 2005 the Crown Vic, Marquis & Town Car are being built off a stretched version of the Lincoln LS platform.

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~_~278, 925 miles_~_~_

~_~_~_~_U.S.A._~_~_~_~_~_

Reply to
Harry Face

#If they'd put a blower on it and sold it for $5,000 less (impossible, I #know...)...

The one I saw at the SEMA show a couple years ago did have a blower.

Mitch

Reply to
Mitch Barrie

That one was a dud from Day 1. Ford has been hitting a lot of strikes and fouls these past ten years. Ever since they redesigned the Ford Taurus and took it from Best Selling car to ...... Also Ran. Ford has not produced a single hot selling automobile in ten years now. A few hot trucks, but not a single car is hitting sales plan.

John

Reply to
John Horner