Today I saw...

A CL 65 AMG

And jesus H Christ did it shift.

I was accelerating in 4th foot down 4.5krpm and rising while switching lanes into the middle ready to go into the overtaking lane (M40 towards London) and the Merc that was behind me when we both entered the motorway, slipped into the outside lane, and before I could say "nice set of pipes" he was past me. All that in a few seconds WHILE I was accelerating hard. Ok so I only have a 2.0 but thats enough for reasonable acceleration when booting it. But it changed lanes and passed me like I was braking!

Nice car btw:-)

1000nm of torque (detuned from 1200 as it was too much apparantly!!)
Reply to
Andy

"Andy" wrote

I've seen one parked near where I work, and another in the Top Gear studio when I went down there. That was the episode when they showed the stig lapping it "With 768lb/ft of torque will the world start turning backwards...oh and here comes another corner and it turns back into a mercedes"

I'd love to see one clock the 1/4 mile. And I'd like to see what Brabus do to one.

Reply to
fishman

Yeah,

Though on the corner thing, I don't think thats such a bad thing. After all it is IS a Merc. If you want a pure sports car with uber "handerling" you get a Lambo or a porsche. That in my eyes does what it's supposed to. Top of the line luxury sports saloon/GT with a stupidly powerful engine for the rich people who can afford it over a normal CL 500 just for the sake of having something more powerful, but still being able to wallow in their luxury.

For myself though, I'd rather they shuved that engine in an SL. Or indeed I just get an SLR instead which I would have over the Carerra GT kinda for the reasons above:Supercar performance, still super friggin fast round a track easier to drive and you still get the luxury like you would from an SL. thats my idea of perfect! Of course to some people perfect would be get GT and then rip out the seats, carpets, stickers/badges and sit on the cold floor just to make it more raw...

Andy

Reply to
IcEY