Re: FS: 1976 Porsche 914 - the original Boxster!

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Joe Hamilton) wrote in

>news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com: > >> Not sure if there is a statue of limitations on recalls, but perhaps >> you could get some free work done on it since there was a recall >> issued in 1977 on that engine, heres the link: >>
> >> "SANTI CERMAK" wrote in >> message news:... >>> Located in north Austin. >>> >>> Engine just rebuilt, original Targa top included. >>> >>> Car is black, 2 year old paint job. >>> >>> $2700 obo. >>> >>> Email ssermak (at) austin (dot) rr (dot) com. >> > >I know one recall concerned the fuel pump. It was mounted on the fender >well right next to exhaust. If you were lucky all you had were multiple >vapor locks, less lucky the thing caught fire. The 'box' was the Edsel of >Porsche! ;)

The only things done regarding the recall were a cover added to the battery and the replacement of the fuel lines. Nothing regarding moving the fuel pump. That's a do it yourself project.

Doug

Reply to
Doug Bolton

tecwhiz