The Porsche Boxster Engine Access

About the Porsche Boxster Engine accessibility or lack of it rather. I wrote Porsche in their Headquarters in Germany and Atlanta GA that they seriously needed to design the car that will replace the Boxster a car that will have engine access so said owners will actually be able to see their Porsche engine in the more tangible sense. Such a shame that Porsche would have missed the boat on the Boxster. A real tragedy.

East-

Reply to
eastwardbound2003

If you want to take advantage of a mid-ship engine layout, you're going to also accept less accessibility. The balance, cornering, stability advantages of mid-ship design are all well known and appreciated by many. Porsche did NOT miss the boat on the Boxster; a car company does not build a care for the sole purpose of making it easy (cheap) for customers to work on their engines (yes it would be nice but this is not their first consideration here). Back in the sixties my first car was the VW bug that had the easiest engine to work on. However, the car was by any modern standards really dangerous on the highway, not so hot in the handling department. Sorry, your remark is off base, especially for a car that's primarily about handling and fun to drive.

Reply to
Tony

A tragedy for you, maybe. Porsche seems to be getting along fine. epbrown

Reply to
E Brown

Porsche would probably prefer that you keep your hands off the engine in the first place. Porsche missed no boat with the Boxster, it's a wonderful car. I don't think I ever really saw the engine in my 914 either, just lots of peripheral parts, shrouding, and accessories. I loved it anyway.

Alan

Reply to
wtrplnet

Reply to
Phil dougan

A mid-engine design is great for several reasons, none of which are worth sacrificing so that you can more easily look at your motor.

Your letter is probably on someone's wall to remind them how silly some of the customers in their biggest market are.

Reply to
KK