Keyless entry to house

My wife and I like the keyless entry to the Prius. Now we want a similar lock on our front door. We do want want to take the key out, push a button or use a card. We just want to be in the proximity of the front door and touch the door knob.

Any suggestions of such a device?

Peter

Reply to
pmhirsch

I couldn't recommend one but there are plenty of them advertised on the 'net. It would really be neat to have one that worked with the Prius fob but that isn't going to happen in my lifetime.

Reply to
Bill

I think SMARTHOME has some options for you. RFID, codes, Fingerprint door locks...

Reply to
Russ G

A while back, maybe a year, I looked at smarthome to find something compatible with the 4th button on my mirror. No luck at that time.

Reply to
Bill

But that's not what they asked for :-)

Russ (who had the same compatability issue a while back and then forgot about it, but now that we're replacing the front door is thinking about it all over again... :-))

Reply to
Russ G

I park in an attached garage. Ultimately it would only have been used for show and tell so, having sufficiently bored my passengers with the nav unit & keyless entry, I forgot about it. An electronic mailbox opener would be more useful to me. :-)

When I built my home I used handles instead of knobs everywhere. The Schlage brand is unique in that it does not unlock when operated from the inside. Lock the door, go to bed, get up, go outside to fetch the newspaper, turn around and find yourself locked outside in nothing but your shorts. It's not pretty, especially in my case. I think other brands unlock when operated from the inside.

Reply to
Bill

I know someone with a "gun rack", which has no handle to open the doors, he waves a magnetic fob near them and they unlock and open, sounds like what you want, I personally let my three neufies and one English mastiff lock my doors:)

Reply to
MFH