Want to add keyless door entry to '05 Corolla CE, looking for info.

2005 Corolla CE has central door lock control, but no RF remote (keyless).

I have seen a few on-line stores selling add-on kits at reasonable prices, wondering if they're any good.

Can anyone recommend a good, specific solution?

Many thanks,

S.

Reply to
Solaratov

Aftermarket kits are a hit or miss proposition, and I have seen many wiring harnesses messed up by people who work at those shops. Dealers sell a factory-tested one specifically designed for your car, with secure connections to the proper wires.

Reply to
Ray O

I can't remember which brand we use, a local radio installer puts them in. They seem to work well, the only PITA is that they are also alarmed, so when you close the door to do something, and then open the door again...

Reply to
HachiRoku

I agree totally. My folks had an aftermarket system with remote starter in a Grand Prix ,and it had a lot of problems. They have a dealer-installed system in their Corolla and have had no problems with it.

Reply to
High Tech Misfit

My dealer wanted $700 to add keyless entry to my 2005 Corolla.

Reply to
Pat