ANGER! Saturn Vue Back Latch Repair

I can't seem to find any repair manual for the Saturn VUE Body. My back latch stopped working and I can't open my back hatch. I believe I could fix it myself if I had some guidance on how to open it. Any Suggestions?

I am VERY frustrated with the Saturn VUE. We loved it when we first bought it, but we are now sick of being nickeled-and-dimed with repairs (but NOT nickels and dimes). There is no after-market repair manual. Saturn does not offer a factory repair manual (only the binder set for hundreds of dollars). Parts are impossible to find in parts stores. Saturn service in this area is very over-priced and we have not been at all happy with their customer service.

Other problems we've had with our 2002 Saturn VUE.

The lights on the inside of the hatch shut off when you open the hatch.

The back wiper works occasionally and when it does, it goes only half ways, stops, then goes the rest of the way. It commonly stops in the middle of the window and won't go farther.

The horn just started going-off one day on the highway and wouldn't stop. We had to either pull the fuse or pay $400 for a new steering wheel assembly.

The clutch slave cylinder went out. The mechanic said there was practically no wear on the clutch so it shouldn't have been "worn out".

The VUE may seem like a good value... but there are too many problems with our VUE to ever recommend it.

Reply to
craig_film

For manuals, try

you still need help, try
- left sidecolumn, down towards the bottom under VUE Tech

Reply to
Chuck

Check the consumer reports ratings of the Vue. Nuff said.

tom @

Tom The Great

Do you have "Windows 2000 Pro" or "XP Pro"? You can pick up an old set of GM eSi (electronic service information) disc on ebay cheap. Same thing shops use. If you want you can buy it NEW for less than 4 new sets of shop manuals ($400). It will cover ALL GM cars from 1998 up to roughly the date on the disk. Beats everything out there hands down.

Is the liftgate not unlocking? Is the handle no longer working the latch? Just to be sure here...have you tried your key? May have to slim jim it somehow.

No harder and often less harder than a lot of Japanese & European cars. I found these 2 sites recently if you need any hard to find OEM parts.

(click "saturn parts") and
(click "oem catalog")

Sounds like dealerships.

I question their diagnosing on this one.

Hmm shame you're to far away for me to take a crack at it.

Oh yeah and lets look at Consumer Reports recent folly on child seats... He bought the first model year of the Vue. Buy what ever you want but if you buy the first model year of anything dont expect it to be anything other than buggy. I cant recall anyone else ever posting these issues here nor did I spot TSB's on the above.

Reply to
BläBlä

=?iso-8859-15?Q?Bl=E4Bl=E4?= wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news-server.woh.rr.com:

As far as I know, Consumer Reports HATES any car that is made in USA. They are 99% Jap fans.

JohnS

Reply to
HomeR