'90 Legacy Idle Switch and Crank Angle Sensor

Hi Folks, I have a '90 Legacy that has the Check Engine light come on intermitantly. The dealer tells me that it is displaying two codes. Idle Switch and Crank Angle sensor.

They tell me it is more likely to be the Crank Angle sensor at fault, which in turn is causing the Idle Switch warning to trigger. Does this sound likely?... It seems a bit too convenient given they also tell me that the idle switch is unavailable now.

What type of sensor is the idle switch, does anyone know if it could be replaced with a component from another model, make, etc?

thanks for any info

cheers Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Garth