01 camry rubber smell

Hi all I recently got my first camry (70K, CE, 4 cyl) and started noticing something. When i turn on ignition, the rpm's go up for a second or two (as if pressing the gas pedal) and at the same time, there is a rubber odor coming out of the exhaust. it does go away shortly

can any1 tell me if its normal.

thanks

Reply to
deebony

johngdole

PTFE in a trans , You are making a MISTAKE, ........

Reply to
m Ransley

I never put any PTFE in. And i was looking for the color, but it doesn't look blue for sure and it only last a couple of seconds. What I dont like is the RMPs go high.

I also just filled up the tank with V-power gas.

Reply to
dima