bumper damage /animal damage

I was doing about 60 on the highway and a small animal darted out. I hit him (animal is dead) kept control and now have a small dent in right side of bumper on the bottom. Can this be repaired and about how much should it run. I feel real bad about the animal but there was no way to avoid him.

Reply to
allan

I inadvertantly backed into a corner steel bumper of a car resulting in a dent about the size of a soft ball. It was my first scratch in my pretty 99 xel and i was heartsick.

Two weeks later while going through a car wash I heard a "thunk" and thought now what?

Upon inspection the softball size dent had popped out. These cars fix thenmselves sometime. A little rubbing compound and it looked like new.

Apparently there is a hollow on the corners of the bumpers and you may get lucky and be able to have a body shop simply put a suction cup to it to make it pop out. Regards The Artfulcodger

Reply to
Artfulcodger

i dented the front corner of my 98 camry bumper about 3 winters ago when i ran into a snow bank pulling into the driveway. it was about the size of a football. two summers after it happened, on a scorching hot summer day it suddenly disappeared. there isn't any trace of there ever being a dent and it was there for over a year. my advice is to go somewhere hot, let your car sit in the sun and try to pop it out with your hand.

Reply to
David Freund

Most body shops will give you a free estimate. Yeah, it's too bad when we hit creatures but sometimes it would cause more problems if we suddenly swerved too far over.

Reply to
The Sharxster

The bumper is probably backed with stryofoam to absorb shock in an accident. The foam will not do its job the next time around.

resulting in a

Reply to
Art Begun

Or it might be a plastic honeycomb. ;-)

Reply to
Philip®

humourous misplaced modifier

Reply to
Daniel M. Dreifus

Damned snow bank jumped right out in front of me!

Did the collision have a negative effect on the bumper or did the collision adversely affect the bumper? ;-)

Reply to
Philip®