Need pictures or diagram

1999 Camry CE 4 cylinders with check engine light on. Took it to AutoZone and was told the O sensor near the catalytic converter is bad. Checked around and they do have the best price. $79 dollars for one with a connector that you have to cut the wires or $129 for a part with the connecter . I would like to see pictures of where this sensor is or a diagram. It must be under the car, right? Thanks for any help.
Reply to
norm46

I found this site very helpful -

on pages EM33 and EM114 for oxygen sensor locations.I also bought a special socket to remove O2 sensors, I think $5, but if you intend to cut wires anyway, a regular socket should do.

norm46 wrote:

Reply to
sss

While at Autozone borrow their oxygen sensor socket, free with deposit. Don't know if they loan out wire cutting pliers etc.

The bottom diagram of Figure 2 here is approx where you'll find your downstream sensor. Which means you'll need a ramp to raise the car to work under it. Some people have trouble matching colors and splicing wires with the universal sensor. Not me. The cheaper version of the Bosch "universal" sensor is an excellent planar type. Good deal.

See Figure 2, 3 on the following page for UPSTREAM sensor:

johngdole