Check Engine Light

Hi group.

My wife just bought a brand new 2003 Mazda Miata (automatic). So far we have been back to the dealership twice because the check engine light has come on. The service dept. said it is either an emissions problem or the gas cap wasn't tightened all the way. It can 't be the gas cap because I tightened it myself over and over.

This is very annoying when the check engine light comes on in brand new car.

Does anyone here know what the possible problem could be? Any solutions? Thanks for your help.

Shawn

Reply to
Sportsman

Shawn, take a look at an earlier post "Re: DTC P2404" May be the answer you're looking for. Some folks jump to the conclusion: EVAP code = loose gas cap.

James

Reply to
James Combs

there will be a answer soon. computer upgrade, no big deal. software issue.

Reply to
Ron Taylor