Re: How to convert your car to run on water

Hey guys

> > I'm just letting you know about a new product I ordered yesterday, and > thought I'd let you know about it. > > Run Your Car With Water Today - =A0Double your gas mileage by running > your vehicle on a combination of water and gas. =A0
> > It costs $49 to buy the document/plans, but hopefully I'll recover > that cost quickly with the gas saving. I haven't set it all up yet, > and I don't think it will save me 50% in gas, but I've read > independent sources and believe it's feasible to save around 10-20%. > > I think the fact it's helping the environment by reducing emmissions, > spurred me into buying the product too. > > Anyway, like I said, I thought I'd let you know, because I know a lot > of people are doing it tough with the increasing gas prices. > > Have a good day, > > Dave Tayler

Hi,

Sorry to have to make it clear Dave, this is a scam going back years even before 1996 when Stanley Meyer was convicted of fraud in Ohio. It reappears every time there is a spike in the oil price index.

To succeed, this device or any like it would have to extract more energy in burning the hydrogen with oxygen than it took to split the water molecules in the first place. That, if successful would be a perpetual motion machine, something which requires absolutely zero loss from friction, heat, and hysteresis (a form of mechanical hysterics). Can't happen at realistic temperatures.

There HAS to be another source of energy input, which presumably is the gas being burned, but it does not mean you can come out ahead on the energy input/output balance. In the case on Stanley Meyer I think it was hidden compressed air lines and a lot of pseudo-science jabberwocky.

Maybe we can get somewhere with sunlight as the external energy source. Now that would be a viable system I believe.

That's not to say a car won't run on HYDROGEN (eg the BMW 7), it will, but not as economically (with all factors considered like storage) as the other fuels we have to choose from. It is just that there is no free lunch.

Now before you say that the evil oil companies have paid me to rubbish this system, they have not, I just think that if it sounds too good to be true, it most likely is.

Cheers

Geoff

Reply to
whitefamily1