Re: Run Your Car On Water!!! Under $50

I got sick of paying $4 a gallon at the pump

> So I got adventurous and purchased the information > on How-To convert my vehicle to run on Water. > Best $50 investment I ever made... it was quick and took no > automotive knowledge to do. > You can too!

I'd hate to see your worst $50 investment!

John

Reply to
John Henderson

20+ years ago there was a gadget on the market that also claimed to reduce petrol consumption. Car Mechanics magazine (which was worth buying at the time) ran a test on it. You drilled a hole in the inlet manifold, fitted the kit, filled the bottle with water, then ran the engine. The idea was that the water woudl be sucked in, with less petrol being sucked through the carb. The fatal error was that the engine would pink like mad with this weakened mixture, which the device was meant to cure by injecting the water to keep things cooler. It was a load of bollocks. Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember alan@darkroom.+.com (A.Lee) saying something like:

It's not, you know. Water injection actually works, if it's metered properly. Problem is, most / all of the kits to do it with are cheap s**te and would never do it right.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

& even if they do you get sod all improvement in fuel economy.
Reply to
Duncan Wood

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "Duncan Wood" saying something like:

~5% iirc. A figure that would easily be reached by using the pedal less, anyway.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I'd love to pay only $4 a gallon!

Tom