tail lamp failure warning light on dash

Hello all,

The tail lamp failure indicator comes ON on dash when I turn on the head lights swith or if the DRL activates the head lights.

So I did analysis and found that the license plate lights are not lighting up. I checked the wires and at the trunk lid joint some of the wires in the bunch that goes to trunk lid are cut!! Could this be the reason for lamp failue indicaror on dash.

May be tomorrow I will repair it myself. Any tips/suggestions on reconecting the wires? Are they color coded? The wires bundle is close to the trunk lid joint and hence there is very little space.

TIA.

vk

Reply to
vktechmails