03 S10 4WD code P128-instru pnl lights

Im getting a P128-coolant below reg temp. I downloaded CarChip and it was running around 160. Now it looks like it is ok when I download CarChip. Now its about 190 but the P128 is still getting set.

An unrelated problem, my instrument lights (shift indicator. odometer, temp gauge, radio display, radio itself) quit. Spedo, tach, voltmeter,oil press are ok. When you first turn the key on (off lock position) shift ind, odometer and the rest of them come on ok, including the radio and display. When you continue on to start and get started they disappear again. Thank you for any help.

Larry

Reply to
lama

I'd flush the cooling system and change the theromstat if it was me. I've fixed several of them like that.

Turn up the rheostat on the light switch?

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolsun!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '74 XLH chopper(gone but not forgotten) BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow

Reply to
lama