1990 GMC FS Jimmy/ Timing Q & Haynes manual

Thank you pete! I can't believe I missed it! NOW... How do I see the timing mark along with the timing "plate". I can see the plate with the little marks, but from any direction something is in the way. I can only imagine you need to remove the belt?

~KJ~

Reply to
KJ

Leave the belt alone, get up on a small step ladder that makes you about

1.5' taller and voila.

Doc

Reply to
"Doc"

where is your plate located? have you marked the notch on the balancer with a soapstone?

1990 GMC FS Jimmy/ Timing Q & Haynes manual Group: alt.autos.4x4.chevy-trucks Date: Wed, Apr 7, 2004, 12:42am (EDT+4) From: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (KJ) 1990 GMC Jimmy Full Sized SLE 350CUI TBI TH700R4 NP241 I would like to check the timing/advance the timing. Am planning on attaching a vacuum gauge and adjusting it forward until the highest/steadiest vacuum is achieved. However I cannot find the 'tan' wire for the spark advance. Haynes says it is under the "relay protective cover" or some shit like that on the fire wall. I see two pig tails on the dizzy, both have two wires. Can't easily follow any of those wires, and none of them are tan anyways from what I can see. The Haynes manual I got is for; Chevrolet & GMC Pick-ups 1988 thru 1998 All Models 1990 and 2000 C/K Classic 2WD and 4WD All Gasoline engines Includes Suburban (1992 thru 1999) Full-size Blazer & Jimmy (1992 thru 1994), Tahoe & Yukon (1995 thru 1999) I know the 1992 through 1994 Jimmy/Blazer is NOTHING like mine, but I felt it would fall under the 1988 through 1998 selection since it is basically a K10 with a cap. Think I should try to find a better match, or is the best there is from Haynes? ~KJ~
Reply to
pete carb